Neurofeedback is a scientifically acknowlegded method for the improvement of brain activity. The aim of the Neurofeedback treatment is to enable and teach the brain to take in a state appropriate to the situation and keep it.
Perception, thinking, attention, behaviour and well-beeing will be positively influenced. Neurofeedback is supposed to improve the brains ability of self-regulation lastingly.
The measurement of electric brain activity by EEG-Monitoring and their presentation with computer animated programms are the basis of a Neurofeedback session. The patient has to influence signals to a certain direction. So if already defined tresholds are reached during the training, the patient will receive a positive feedback.
The brain gets a feedback about its functions, to activate processes of self-regulation and to break patterns of devective regulation. Therefor all symptoms that occur in daily life can be reduced and a positive influence on behaviour, emotionalty and performance can be seen. Atreatment with Neurofeedback can be helpful for a wide range of disorders and disfunctions an can improve the clinical picture siginficantly.
Neurofeedback is used for the follwing disorders and more:
- AD(H)S= attention deficite (hyperactivity) disorder and other comorbid disorders
- Autism/ Asperger Syndrome
- Epilepsy, Cerebral seizure disorders
- Entwicklung oder Verbesserung der Koordination von Bewegungsabläufen und der funktionellen Ausdauer
- Concentration problems
- Problems in retentiveness
- Learning problems
- Sleeping problems
- Behavioural disorders, aggressive behaviour
- Anxiety disorders, anxiety, phobia, bipolar disorders
- OCD= obsessive compulsive disorder
- Status after craniocerebral trauma
- Staus after stroke
- Traumas, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Headache, strong migraine
- chronic pain, for example fibromyalgia, Morbus Sudeck, etc